I finished my April jacket, spring in Flagstaff requires a jacket. The 12" of snow we had last night and today, require more than this jacket..... but, I can wait, suppose to be almost 70 by next Friday. This is the New Look 6799 again.
I took a 1" tuck out of the back and 1/2" out of the front pieces. Was very boxy otherwise. I also added 3 inches in length so that I could have a deeper hem. I added ties to the back to give it a different feel and hemmed the sleeves deep, so that I could cuff them.
I tried piping for the first time. Not sure how I feel about it. Can't tell if it looks nice or looks cutesy. I was not going for cutesy. I don't plan on buttoning it, so I didn't bother with buttons or button holes. Wanted a lighter and fresher look. There is a snap as the top closure, covered by these vintage yellow buttons.
I think it will look nice with a pair jeans. (-:
My dress is almost finished... actually only needs hemming. It is New Look
6020. I am making view D in front, with the lower back of B.
Here are some pics of it earlier in the process. I love the fabric, looks like a Monet watercolor.
I tissue fitted the bodice to my KG2, and could see the princess seams were not going to fit me. I made a muslin of the bodice to get the princess seams to fit my curves. I needed to get rid of gapping at sides above my breast in the armhole area and then the same area on the back piece. I also made the front armhole with less of a scoop, where you can see the white in the front of the arm below, I altered that to fit closer to my arm.
The fit is much better. So I transfered the changes I made on the muslin back to my traced pattern.