Friday, October 30, 2009

To sew or to shop..... That is the question.

What to do about a dress for my son's wedding.  Shop or Sew?  I am leaning towards sew.
I really like the vintage look of New Look 6799.  I like both B and C.  I have traced and fitted the bodice portion to my KG2 (duct tape body double).  Cut out a muslin.  Now to just sew the bodice muslin together.  I think I will do a muslin of both skirt bottoms, just so I can figure out which one I prefer. 


Not sure what fabric.... it will depend on the skirt I decide to go with...

The bride's colors are fall colors, deep purple, browns, oranges and yellows.  I am thinking either a deep chocolate brown swishy fabric with the wider skirt or a mixture of these colors in a brocade perhaps for the slim skirt?  who knows, I will have to go stare at the fabric available..

Later!

1 comment:

  1. .... Sew :)
    I have this pattern too. I bought it because I liked the fabric/print on the cover & I liked view E over C.
    I think your picks are a great choice for your son's wedding.

    ReplyDelete