Sunday, February 8, 2009
I have a fave pair of jeans. The fit is perfect and they are comfortable. I decided to use them for a pattern, of course, I couldn't take them apart as there is nothing wrong with them. I took a TNT pants pattern as my base and then retraced it to incorporate the changes in the RTW, lower waist, especially in front, scoop jean pockets in front, patch pockets in back and slimmer fitting legs all the way down. I worked on them ALL day yesterday. I can't believe how long it takes to get the details - the topstitching on the pockets, fly, coin pocket... it all is so time consuming and yet while I am doing it... It is making me happy! Right now they are awaiting a final fitting on the outer leg and the waistband is not attached...I still have to make the belt loops... Lots to do! I think they are going to be pretty close to the RTW pair.... We shall see.
Posted by KellysSewing