Sunday, February 19, 2017

I love Paprika! The Jasper variety....

 

I made the Jasper sweater 2 weeks ago and I loved it!  Now time for the dress!

 

Jasper Sweater

I wore it twice. Literally. By the end of the second wearing the fabric looked like a cat had used it as a scratching post on the side where my purse and arm had rubbed against the body. I was so bummed! Especially since it was over $10 a yard. (Joann's -- beware!) Now it will be my camping jasper. So what's a girl to do?  I made another of course. The Jasper dress this time. 

 

 

See my "design feature"?

 

 

I made the size 6 again.  I was afraid it might be too short  but I think it will be fine with tights and boots.

 

 

Beautiful welt, what is wrong?

 

 

 

I did a beautiful job on the welts. Only to discover I had attached them to the pocket lining instead of the dress front. Oh no! I had no more fabric to cut another. I decided to put the whole pocket OUTSIDE of the dress. My design feature! 

 

 

Hidden pocket now sort of a kangaroo pocket!

 

 

 

Not sure why the close ups appear black. Fabric is dark blue. I just realized I did not add the collar tab, I like it better without on this version. Just like with the sweater, I made the sleeves and cuffs slimmer by 5/8", I also sewed the back princess seams about 1/4" deeper from underarm to waist  

 

 

 

Pocket design feature put to use!

 

 

 

Princess seams make for a nice fit

 

Not sure if I made a cutting error or not, but the hem band was too short in the back. I tried pressing it to release the gathers, but it appeared to stretch out the band. It is in the washer now, hoping it springs back in shape!

 

Back, you can see the stretched hem band

I will be making at least one more, because I have to try out the hood version!

On another note, today is my middle daughter's

30th birthday. I made her a True Bias Ogden Cami.

 

True Bias Ogden Cami

I lengthened it by 6" and fully lined it. I also used sliding bra closures so that the straps would be adjustable

 

 

Full lining

Thank you for stopping by! Have a lovely week!  

Stay Happy

Keep Sewing

And if you can't sew

Count your blessings

 

What a difference a year can make!

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Love the dress version, I really like the kangaroo pocket, I find those handy for my cell and keys. Love that textured fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress turned out great. Love the design feature and the textured fabric! So disappointing to hear that the fabric for your Jasper Sweater pilled badly. The Ogden Cami is gorgeous and I bet your lucky daughter loves it. Great to see you back to sewing up a storm. You are looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean. Life is too short to not embrace design features! I had my 1 year scans and came back all clear. Happy to be here and happy to be sewing.

      Delete
  3. You look great!! I love your version of the design pocket The dress fits you nicely and it seems it would be very comfortable. It's Unfortunate about the top pilling :(
    And I love the cami for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete