Not a whole lot to say about this pattern. My first cardigan. I believe I made view E. The longer looking one. It is not as long as the drawing, nor is the front hemline as slanted. Both are fine, because I love the end result. This was an easy make. The only changes I made were to use French seams where I could, and where that would not work, on inside, I folded under each side of seam line 1/8" and then topstitched it down. I added non stretch seam tape in the seam line at shoulders and on side seam from under arm to waist to prevent stretching.
When I first finished it, I was afraid it looked like a bath robe. When I wore it out with hubby, I had him take pics. My fear was gone. I do not think it looks like a bath robe at all. It is a flattering fit without being clingy or adding bulk.
I decided I liked it so well, that I made another.
Up next is a navy blazer. I am morphing the M5815 and B4610. I have made the M5815 twice previously. Wool Tweed M5815 and Medium weight Linen so I knew I had the fit already, but I want a totally different collar. So I am using the 5815 body, 4610 neckline and collar as well as the 4610 sleeves. When I bought this navy fabric from Fabric.com, I could have sworn it said medium weight twill, but it arrived and says it is Kaufman Uniform Basics. I like the color and weight, and I hope to make this blazer a basic in my rotation, so it should be perfect! Again I am also using Pro Sheer Elegance medium weight interfacing from FashionSewingSupply.com.
and if you can't sew
Bake some bread, the smell is awesome!
And for a little Grandma eye candy...