Saturday, August 30, 2014

County Fair, 2014

 
Every year, I have talked or dreamt about entering something in the County Fair.  This was my first year actually doing it.  Since I was going in, I may as well go all the way!  If you entered 5 things, you could go to the fair for free!  Free is good! 
 
I was overwhelmed by how well I did.  I never imagined.  I secretly thought I MIGHT win a ribbon for my Minoru. 
 
Here are my entries and the results....
 
              

Minoru, in the outerwear lot --- Best of Show!   I was floored.  I think I may have cried.


              

Archer in Blouses / Tops lot  -- First Place!

                     
 
Vogue 8774 (my way) in Pants / Slacks lot  --  First Place!


 
Swell in the knit head cover lot  -- Third Place!
 
 

 
My Miette, (my first sweater ever!) in the knit sweater lot -- Third Place!
 
There were so many fine sewn and knit items entered.  I was overwhelmed by the talent hidden in this town!  One thing that came as a shock to me, was how excited I was to see the ribbons hanging on my things!  I had no idea how much this type of validation would mean to me!  I will definitely be entering again next year!!
 
 
and what is a Fair without a little fresh corn on the cob and a train ride??
 


 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
playing Thomas Train with your Grandson
is awesome too!

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful feeling to capture the "Big One". I have a few times and the great feeling has never left. Congratulations. .....Lydia (anon.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations!!!! That's a lot of ribbons!!! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job ! How fun to see your ribbons & know YOU did it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Very well deserved prizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean, certainly well appreciated prizes!

      Delete
  5. I love the clothes you make - so pretty and practical. You are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I try to focus on making clothes that I will actually wear.

      Delete
  6. What fun to win all those ribbons! Just shows what you can do if you try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole! I had the added benefit that when I made each of those items, it never dawned on me that I might be making THE THING that I would enter in the fair! So, probably a lot less pressure on myself that way!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on winning some fair ribbons. Your post caught my eye over at Vacuuming The Lawn and I came right over to see what you entered.
    I was so proud of one of my ribbons that I kept it attached to the purse for a couple of weeks after the fair ended as I did my errands around town. I loved the conversations that resulted.

    Love your jacket - I hope you enter items next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kathy! I love all of your fair photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on many jobs well done!

    ReplyDelete