Tuesday, March 8, 2011

T- shirt cure! Simplicity 2599

JoAnns is having a Simplicity pattern sale. $1.99, so I picked up a few....

Finally, an easy top to make that is not a t-shirt!
Misses Tops
I love this pattern.  I made view D (yellow one).  It is woven, slightly shaped top with various ruffles trims. 
Close up of ruffles....
Has a small back opening with button loop closure (not needed - but looks nice)


I did not use the neck facing pieces, I used the armhole pattern piece to make bias to finish the neck line. Shoulder and side seams, all hong kong finished. Not sure of the material. Something crepe-y and sort of grainy feeling. Wore it today with a chocolate brown cardigan.


edited to add version 2!


So far this month, everyday I have worn something that I have made.  Kind of easy though.....as I have made all of my panties!

Next up is my March jacket.  Simplicity 2227

Thinking of changing the sleeves though to 3/4 length, as despite what the calendar may say, it is still cold here!  If the fit is nice, I will do again when it feels like spring with the original sleeves.

Happy Sewing!

3 comments: