Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bottoms #2 in sewing plan!

I bought this stretch denim at Fabric.com ages ago. It is my second bottoms in my sewing plan. Again Butterick 6327.  
Ready to cut!
I altered the front to have slant pockets for this pair.  
Slant pockets, extended to center front.
Shortening the zip
You can see that I only extended 1 layer of the pocket bags to center front, to cut down on bulk.  When my jeans zip is too long, I always shorten it from the bottom, that way i don't lose the locking ability at the top of the zip.  I hate zips that unzip on their own while you are wearing them!
Pocket placement
I like to do pocket placement after the point where I can try the pants on, to ensure they are in the right spots. No belt loops this time, and I used 3/8" seams in attaching and finishing the waistband, so that it would be deeper and the waist would sit a bit higher.  
Front
I hemmed these a little longer than the denim, thinking that they might still shrink up in length. 
 
I created a faux yoke again. 
 
So.... finished plan items --- 2 pair jeans and 1 top, a boxy cropped T. 
Stay happy
Keep sewing
And if you can't sew
Snuggle a cute baby. 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your pants look great. Great fit. I do think that locking zips lock even if you remove the top bits. I always shorten from the top, not that it matters since both ways work. Never have a problem with them not staying closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tested your theory and you are right! I thought it was the top of the zipper that was the lock. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I can see lots of thought and planning goes into your jeans. Great work!

    ReplyDelete