I Love this T. It is Vogue 8451 with a much altered sleeve. I made it in 2009. I still wear it, but the fabric has seen it's better days, so now it is just a weekend T.
I decided to replace it.
Vogue 8451, but I used the Sewaholic Renfrew sleeve, as the Vogue sleeve has a ridiculous amount of ease, so I went with something I knew fit the way I liked.
You would think I would have at least thought about large target placement! But with only 1 yard, I did not have much choice in layout. I think the resulting starburst on one breast is kind of hilarious, and has not stopped me from wearing it.
This neckline has an actual facing. I used the facing on the original T shirt, and it layed beautifully and still has never stretched out, so I thought why not give it another go. So this neckline too is faced. I interfaced the facing with a light knit fusible. Once it was attached and understitched, I just serged it of to be the width I wanted and the did a double needle topstitch from the outside. It does not lay perfectly flat. I think washing and drying may fix it. If not, it does not really bother me, so I will enjoy my new shirt anyway!
and if you can't sew
build a shed with your hubby