Sunday, June 7, 2015

Vogue 8451 replacement of favorite T.

 
I Love this T.  It is Vogue 8451 with a much altered sleeve.  I made it in 2009.  I still wear it, but the fabric has seen it's better days, so now it is just a weekend T.
 
 
I decided to replace it. 
Vogue 8451, but I used the Sewaholic Renfrew sleeve, as the Vogue sleeve has a ridiculous amount of ease, so I went with something I knew fit the way I liked.
 
You would think I would have at least thought about large target placement!  But with only 1 yard, I did not have much choice in layout.  I think the resulting starburst on one breast is kind of hilarious, and has not stopped me from wearing it.





This neckline has an actual facing.  I used the facing on the original T shirt, and it layed beautifully and still has never stretched out, so I thought why not give it another go.  So this neckline too is faced.  I interfaced the facing with a light knit fusible.  Once it was attached and understitched, I just serged it of to be the width I wanted and the did a double needle topstitch from the outside.  It does not lay perfectly flat.  I think washing and drying may fix it.  If not, it does not really bother me, so I will enjoy my new shirt anyway!




Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
build a shed with your hubby





 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tops both old and new. Love that fabric on the new one - very fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these tops. It's a great idea to mix up pattern pieces to get the fit you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a good summer - you are missed !

    ReplyDelete