I had bought this gorgeous quilted knit from Fabric.com. I thought it was to be a Renfrew with the cowl turtleneck, but it said no. It wanted to be a light spring jacket.
Arguing with your fabric, never really pays off, it will win in the end.
I had high hopes for this light spring jacket. I don't know if it was the pattern, the extra stretchy fabric or a combo, but I made the medium. It looked like a linebacker could wear it. I showed my husband, he said, wow. Maybe you could just take in the shoulders? Men. I cut the serged a sleeves off. I cut the serged front from the back. I measured it against a fleece I already had and removed INCHES from the shoulder depth. INCHES from the side seams. Re-sewed princess seams a little deeper. This resulted in the princess seams not sitting exactly where they should, but the fit was much better.
Not sure how, but at first glance of pattern, I did not realize that the pocket zippers were exposed vs inserted. I really like the look.
In hindsight, I should have lined the outer layer of the front pockets to keep them from stretching out while my hands are in them.
Inside finishing was not detailed in the instructions, I did a lot of serging to keep my quilted fabric from coming apart.
Despite the fitting fiasco, I ended up with a light spring jacket that I really like. I wear it almost every morning. So success. YAY!
and if you can't sew,
Go hiking with your sweetie