Monday, March 31, 2014

What time is it? Maritime!


 
 
 
I bought a few Grainline patterns a while back.  The Moss Mini and Scout T have been made multiple times now.  Maritime shorts and the Archer shirt were still left to do...

I had this gorgeous railroad stripe stretch denim from Fabric.com  Perfect for shorts!  I washed and dried it (in the dryer) 3 times, to eliminate shrinkage after construction. 

 

Image of Maritime Shorts
 
In trying to determine the size to cut, I laid my recently fitted to me V8774 jeans front and back piece over the pdf patterns.  The purple outline below is size 14, which I thought I was going to cut, the tissue paper piece on top is the size I ended up cutting after comparing to V8774.  The front was about a 12 (with some alteration at the inside leg seam, and a cut on fly)
 


The back was about a 12/14.  The crotch curves front and back, were perfect. I added about 3/4" to top center back and again reduced the inner leg seam.  I lengthened both front and back 2"

 
I used the waistband pattern piece from V8774, as having just used it, I know it is a perfect fit.  The diff between my hips and waist is not that great, so a less curved waistband was needed.
 
The stripes photographed crazy! Not sure why. 
 
 
Blue buttons?

 
Yellow buttons?



I wish this photo uploaded in better quality, I just love the detail that Jen put into the back pockets, so simple, but so professional looking.




Look at the depth of those pockets!!  I love them!


 
 
A great shorts pattern with a flattering fit.  The legs are shaped to give your thighs ample room and coverage without looking baggy.
 
Going to need a few more pairs!
 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
Enjoy doing what you can do!
 
and for a little grandma eye candy....
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the yellow buttons. You are really on a roll with the indies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I am on the hunt for some cute shorts and these might be them!

    ReplyDelete