Friday, February 14, 2014

Miette..Moi??

 
This cute little cardigan knitting pattern is from Andi Sutterlund at  Untangling Knots for FREE.
 
 
 I have been knitting a few years now, ever since a co-worker reignited my excitement and 'teaching' me how to knit again.  I have only made scarves, hats and multitudes of washcloths to date.  For Christmas I tried Fair Aisle knitting for the first time......
 
 
 
I found it challenging and so much fun, that I convinced myself I was ready to try a sweater!!
 
I found the Miette on Ravelry.com.  I chose the same yarn as the pattern recommended.  A beautiful Cascade 220 Heather in plum.  It is 100% Peruvian wool.

 
 
Doesn't look like a sweater yet!!!  and at the rate of about 3 rows per hour now, it may take a while before it does!!  It is so exciting to be trying something new and challenging.  I am following a knit a long from a few years ago...
 

Wish me luck!!!

 
 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
Enjoy doing what you can do!
 
 
and for a little Grandma eye candy...
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun! You'll really love the finished product. Your yarn is a gorgeous color and this sweater looks great on everyone I've seen try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it'll be worth the time you put in, and knitting's fun on it's own. :-)

    ReplyDelete