Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Miette addiction

I am still working away at moi Miette.  I am addicted.  I can not sew.  I think my sewing machines are jealous.   I must finish.  I have become quite adept at lifelines and frogging (unknitting)  The body is finished for the most part, and now for the sleeves.  Then will come the front button bands and then the collar. 

Here is a try on, with the fronts pinned to a fake button band just for fitting. Sleeves at this point are just on a holding yarn, waiting to be picked up and knitted in the round on DPN's.  I added two more rows of ribbing at the bottom, after this try on.
 
In the flat photo, you can see the lace work around collar, front edge and above bottom ribbing while it is laying flat.  The sleeves are just being held on the golden yarn.  They will be picked up and knit on double point needles.  I am thinking of going with a sleeve length of just a couple inches below the elbow. 


 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing (Knitting)
and if you can't sew
Enjoy doing what you can do!
 
 

1 comment: