View A, the full body shot, is my goal. I cut a straight 16. Per the sizing on the pattern, I should cut an 18/20, but when I compared it to my RTW, 16 looked like a good fit. I altered the pattern to have a fly extension, as I find this easier.
I deepened and extended the front pockets to reach the center front, to act as support. The original pattern has full on fashion fabric for all layers of the front pockets. I altered the pocket, facing, lining to be more like RTW. Less bulk.
I added 5" to the length, after comparing them to a RTW pair I like. I did not insert a zip, because, well, I didn't wanna. Here it is, the hiderocious muslin. It is a quilting cotton, it was a 12' round tablecloth I inherited from someone who knew I liked to sew. Funny the things people will give you. Hard to tell if I like the fit at all, I get lost in the fabric.
There was excess fabric above the yoke in back just below the waistband. This made the butt sag down. I will alter the actual pattern to remove 1/2" off of the yoke, starting at center back and tapering to nothing at side seams. There does not appear to be a camel toe issue nor a butt wedie. I was surprised, as I did not alter the crotch curve at all. And most importantly, no discomfort while sitting. Looking at these photos, I think I am too thick in the middle to have such small leg circumference at the hem. Hard to tell. I see these straight leg pants on other women of all different thicknesses, and I think they look good. So I am going with it. I reserve the right to change my mind and widen them a tad though if I choose. The fun of sewing for yourself!!
Next up...... cutting out the chocolate corduroy!!!