Sunday, March 13, 2011

Take two.... Simplicity 2227 Spring jacket aka March Jacket

Ok, so I have not given up on this pattern.
 This time a chose a brown linen.  I know brown seems like fall, but I chose to think of it as dirt colored.  Dirt is definitely spring to me.  (-:  

 
 I altered the back darts to fit my curves (or lack thereof) and added to the should height.  Was not sure how to adapt the sleeve cap to allow for this, so my fingers are crossed.   (-: 

This jacket pattern is not lined, but I want this to slip smoothly over the cotton sheath dress I will be wearing it over (that I have not made yet.... for a casual June wedding)  So I used the front, back and sleeve pattern pieces to cut out the lining pieces.  Then I folded the seam allowance down on the appropriate edges of the facing pieces and topstitched them right on top of the front and back lining pieces instead of trying to redraw the pattern to make adjusted lining pattern pieces.  Then I just cut away the excess lining that remained under the facing pieces.  The lining will be a satiny slippery material that is not so friendly to work with.
I am going to use Palmer & Pletch's Jackets for Real People to bag the lining on this one.  I did it once before on my trench looking jacket.  I loved the way it turned out. 


Happy Sewing!  Got to go run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment