Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cure for a headache

I woke up with a headache today and it was still aching when I got off work today. I decide to take a run instead of tylenol. (-: Runs usually cure my headaches. The weather cooperates today, still in the low 50's when I got home. Slight breeze. I started out running through the surrounding neighborhoods and then down an urban trail that runs through the woods and along a canyon. There are ducks swimming on the small pond above the dam. A little girl, balancing carefully on one foot, is intently studying them from the wooden bridge. She smiles at me and then at the ducks. I run past her brother, with a small rock in his hand, also watching the ducks intently. He drops the rock and smiles. Another 1/4 mile through the woods and then back out along the road and into neighborhoods again. Just over 3 miles and ...smile.. my headache is gone.

88.4 miles down
711.6 to go!
Rock On!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Delightful! I'll try that next time instead of reaching for the excedrin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good healthy alternative. And a nice story to share is a bonus. ;)

    ReplyDelete